Links for Students
The Methods Workshop kicks off again in the Fall. Here is the schedule.
- PS 6: Introduction to Data Analysis (Syllabus | Class Webpage)
An introductory statistics class that covers through to multivariate linear regression, in an applied, data intensive setting.
- PS 170A: Studies in Statistical Analysis of Political Data: Political Violence (Syllabus | Class Webpage)
An second course in statistics, that covers generalized linear models, and theory testing. Substantive applications are focused on the quantitative literature in political violence.
- PS 172: Special Topics in Methods and Models: Strategies in Conflict (Syllabus | Class Webpage)
A second course in game theory that covers signalling models, tournaments, and evolutionary game theory. Models and applications are structured around international relations.
- PS 200D: Quantitative Methods in Politics (Syllabus | Class Webpage)
The fifth (or sixth) course in our graduate statistics sequence, it focuses on deriving models in the maximum likelihood framework, with an applied data focus and an emphasis on practical statistical programming.
- PS M200E: Tools for Comparative Politics (Syllabus)
- PS 209: Special Topics in Formal Theory and Quantitative Methods: Evolutionary Game Theory (Syllabus)